Info link

Friday 30 December 2011

Best DAW for a windows PC

I'm pretty into my editing and sequencing, so I decided to have a look at what DAW's are around for PC's. I personally own a copy of FL studios (well, I say own) anyway, so I'll tell you my personal choice at which DAW is best for a PC, enjoy.
So i was looking around, and I discovered Cakewalk SONAR. This looks like its primarily focusing on the final product, and not to effects or vst's.. or anything else really. CS has a function which makes it more compatible with surround sound (5.1 - 7.1) which would make it easier to show your finished product to bigger audiences.
one thing that lets down this DAW is the video limitations. video's can only be shown as thumbnails, unless you use software like firewire - then it can be shown on a monitor (just about) so, pretty good overall.
Or, there's FL studio (fruity loop). This is a pretty good daw, the way i like to put it, is it's like cubase - but which about 100x more VST's. plus, because it's so popular; so many have cracked it, meaning that it's pretty easy to get hold of a torrent.
FL studio is also pretty easy to use, it has a very simple workspace, everything is pretty tidy and a lot of the built in plug ins are really good.
overall, (not being biased, based on what i've looked at) I think that FL studio is probably the best, especially for beginners ( after you've got used to working on DAW's, you can make your own judgements) but it's got a very simple layout, best for VST's and you dont need to much common sense to know how to work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment